1870-1880 : From the chemist’s to the chocolate factory
In the late 1800’s, Charles Delacre was a chemist and a businessman
managing some chocolate shops. At that time, chocolate was, above all,
used as a cure.
Charles Delacre quickly developed his commercial activities and thus had to transfer his chocolate factory in bigger offices.
As a professional, he always took his inspiration from the reality and especially, from the Royal family. He was so good, that in 1879, he was appointed as a purveyor of the Belgian Royal house. Charles Delacre was the first to make the delicious combination of a biscuit with pure Belgian chocolate.