All trademarks, trade names and logos and all related product names, design marks and slogans which appear on the Sites are either the trademarks or services marks (registered or unregistered) of Delacre and/or its licensors unless otherwise stated herein. Delacre and its licensors expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in all Content on the Sites. No license is granted to you in connection with any Content contained on the Sites. In its sole discretion, Delacre or its licensors may seek to enforce their intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
3. User Conduct/Acceptable Use Policy. A Site may provide you with an opportunity to interact with others and share your thoughts, information, and materials. Delacre expects all of its users to be respectful of others ("Acceptable Use Policy"). If you notice any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or other unacceptable conduct by any user, you should contact us and report such activity using one of the options listed below in Section 18.
You are solely responsible for the content, information, and other materials that you post on a Site, submit to a Site, or transmit to other users (including, but not limited to, creative ideas, suggestions, and feedback/information on Delacre' s products and services) ("User Generated Content") and agree that you will not hold the Released Parties responsible or liable for any content, information, or materials from other users that you access on a Site.
Categories of prohibited User Generated Content listed below are merely examples and are not intended to be exhaustive. Without limitation, you agree that you will not post or transmit to other users any User Generated Content that:
· is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent, or offensive;
· infringes or violates another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos, or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on a Site);
· violates any party's right of publicity or right of privacy;
· is threatening, harassing, or that promotes bullying, racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
· is inaccurate, false, or misleading in any way;
· is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
· promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person's copyrighted work or links to said work, or provides information to circumvent any security measure;
· contains "masked" profanity (i.e., D@&#);
· contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
· contains any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
We may review, edit, or delete content and materials that you or others send or post to a Site, but are not obligated to do so.
You understand that when using a Site, you will be exposed to content and materials from a variety of sources, and that Delacre is not responsible for the accuracy, appropriateness, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content and materials.
4. Ownership of Material You Send, Post, Submit, or Transmit; Submissions. From time to time, Delacre may ask that you send, post, submit, or transmit to a Site, User Generated Content. Any User Generated Content that you send, post, submit or transmit is and will be deemed and treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary by Delacre. Such User Generated Content, upon being transmitted to Delacre, shall immediately become the property of Delacre and Delacre shall exclusively now and hereinafter own all rights, title, and interest therein (subject to any third-party rights). Furthermore, Delacre shall be free to use the Generated Content, without restriction, for any purpose whatsoever (subject to any third-party rights), including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising, promoting, and marketing products, WITHOUT COMPENSATION, OTHER OBLIGATION OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY TO YOU, and shall further be entitled to reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast, or post in any medium, or edit, modify or delete all or any part of any User Generated Content. Delacre shall not be liable for disclosure of such User Generated Content or for any similarities in the User Generated Content and any future Delacre uses or activities.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Delacre maintains a policy of not accepting or considering creative ideas, suggestions or materials from the public ("Submissions") and therefore, you should not make any Submissions to Delacre in any communications through this Site or otherwise. If you do send us a Submission, despite the aforementioned request not to do so, then such Submission shall immediately become the property of Delacre, Delacre shall exclusively now and hereinafter own all rights, title and interest therein, and such Submission shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Section 4 above (including without limitation the freedom to use any Submissions for any purposes whatsoever and without any compensation or other liability to you).
5. Links to Other Sites. A Site may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated, or maintained by us. You should note when you leave a Site and read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each and every website that you visit. You should also independently asses the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our Sites (including those linked to through an email). Despite any links that might exist on a Site, we do not control, recommend, or endorse and are not affiliated with these websites or their content, products, services, or privacy policies. Viewing any third party site is at your own risk. Downloading material from certain websites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your computer system.
7. Site Transactions. If you choose to purchase any merchandise that is made available through a Site (each, a "Transaction"), you will be asked to provide certain information relevant to your Transaction (e.g., your credit card number, billing address, shipping information, etc.). You represent and warrant that you (i) have the legal right to use any credit card, debit card or other payment method that you use in connection with the Transaction and (ii) are either eighteen (18) years of age or older or have a parent or legal guardian with you to make the Transaction on your behalf. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order you place with us. Some instances that may result in your order being canceled include, but are not limited to, where a product has been mispriced; when payment or billing information cannot be confirmed; or where the product is no longer in our inventory or that of our third party fulfillment provider. In the event that we cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the email, billing address and/or phone number provided at the time you placed the order.
9. Cookies. Delacre has the right to use both cookies that that do not need your consent to be downloaded onto your device and cookies that can be downloaded only upon your prior consent. Should you decide to disable cookies at any time by changing the relevant browser's settings, no liability can be charged on us as this may prevent you from correctly displaying the website.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties/Exclusion of Liability.
YOUR USE OF A SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. The Sites and all software, services, Content and User Generated Content made available through the Sites are PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, in which case some of the exclusions may not apply to you. We do not represent or warrant that your use of the Sites, any software, services, Content or User Generated Content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT A SITE, ANY CONTENT, OR CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH A SITE WILL BE COMPLETELY SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT A SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES A SITE AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF A SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY STATEMENTS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, CONTENT PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTENT THAT INFRINGES UPON ANY THIRD PARTY'S RIGHTS), LINKS TO ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ITS NATURE OR CONTENTS, OR ANY OTHER MATTER REGARDING A SITE AND YOUR USE OF IT. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY AND ALL DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATTORNEY'S FEES AND COSTS, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, COSTS OF COVER, AND PERSONAL INJURY/ WRONGFUL DEATH), EACH OF WHICH IS HEREBY EXCLUDED BY AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH A SITE IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain damages in which case some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
The foregoing limitations of liability are not applicable to residents of New Jersey. With respect to residents of New Jersey, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES FROM THE USE OF A SITE unless such damageS ARE the result of our negligent, reckless or intentional acts or omissions.
You agree to use best efforts to cooperate with us in the defense of any such matter. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
Over 125 years, we’ve been perfecting with passion and mastery the art of biscuit making initiated by our founder Charles Delacre.
Delacre Story begins in the very heart of magnificent Brussels, where Charles Delacre opened his first chocolate lab in 1873.